Peter Williams from Concord Tank Corporation looks at the reasons for repeated accidents, and what everyone in the industry can do to make a difference
our industry has a problem.
We have been making the news for the wrong reasons. Stories like these seem to be making the nightly news headlines every few months:
- September 2020 – Mauritius – shipwreck and oil spill – oil polluting tropical blue waters.
- August 2020 – Corpus Christi pipeline explosion – four fatalities
- August 2020 – Pasadena refinery tank fire – tank destroyed
- May 2020 – Siberian oil spill –
US$2.1 billion set aside for damages
- October 2019 – Northern California tank fire – interstate shut down
- July 2019 – Texas refinery explosion – 37 people injured
- June 2019 – Philadelphia refinery explosion – compa...