Debra Phillips from the API runs through important updates to API Standard 2350
THE newly released 5th edition of API Standard 2350, Overfill Prevention for Storage Tanks in Petroleum Facilities, is a key update to a standard designed to prevent overfilling at oil storage facilities, which has become increasingly important to the industry as supply and demand trends are affected by the current pandemic.
This new update supports improvement to operational safety, reliability, and environmental sustainability by supporting ongoing maintenance and risk management at oil storage facilities.
Indeed, careful consideration was give to the benefits provided by overfill prevention relative to the following:
- Safety and environmental protection;
- Optimisation of the storage capacity and operating practices;
- Inspection, testing, and maintenance;
- Equipment and system selection and installation;
- Safe work practices, emer...