Free content, leading industry speakers & additional networking led to a 94% visitor satisfaction rate at this year’s StocExpo Europe, but next year promises to be better than ever.
Just weeks after the 14th edition of StocExpo Europe came to a close in Rotterdam, work is in full swing to create next year’s edition of the industry leading event for the bulk liquid storage sector.
‘We are pleased to announce that the initiatives that were such a success in 2018 will all return in 2019 plus much more,’ StocExpo & Tank Storage divisional director Nick Powell, explains. ‘We are the market leading event in the bulk liquid storage sector and have been for over a decade, with visitor numbers increasing every year, but the event still has room to grow. With every new concept, we’re working hard to attract visitors from all the major terminals and fulfil our aim of serving the tank storage community worldwide.’
Initiatives returning to StocExpo Europe in Rotterdam from March 26-28, 2019 include the complimentary EEMUA workshop, late night opening, complimentary iTanks Innovation in Storage sessions, the start-up zone and the Global Tank Storage Awards.
In 2018, The Engineering Equipment and Materials Users Association (EEMUA) ran a full day’s workshop, which was free for all StocExpo Europe visitors. The workshop comprised of five sessions detailing procedures and techniques of maintaining tanks throughout their life to ensure safe product storage and efficiency of operation strategies within a tank storage environment.
Following fantastic visitor feedback, this free content will return to the show floor in 2019.
iTanks, a knowledge and innovation platform for the tank storage sector, also ran a free one-day workshop, debating various topics ranging from the future of robotics to sustainability within the tank storage industry. After an excellent response from attendees, this will also be back in 2019.
The late-night opening was another initiative launched to allow maintenance engineers to visit the exhibition outside of their normal working hours. ‘By keeping the exhibition open later, we were able to welcome additional visitors who would usually be working during the day,’ Powell explains.
This year a start-up zone was introduced allowing brand new companies to try out the event at a reduced entry price. Following its success, this will be back in 2019, designed to ensure the StocExpo Europe exhibition is at the forefront of the sector and showcasing the latest technologies, products & services across the tank storage industry.
The second edition of the Global Tank Storage Awards was a resounding success with many tables already sold for 2019. This year’s sell-out gala dinner & ceremony attracted terminal operators from Saudi Arabia, India, Malaysia, South Africa, the US and across Europe. Attendees were treated to a drinks reception, a three-course meal, comedian, award-winning dancers, a casino and much more, allowing an exclusive opportunity to entertain clients & reward colleagues for their hard work throughout the year.
‘The evening was a real success, with great food, drinks and entertainment, making the perfect setting to host our clients and network with the other companies represented there,’ explains Darren Hughes, international business development manager at Concrete Canvas, one of the sponsors at the 2018 event.
StocExpo 2018 attracted nearly 3,000 visitors from 81 countries worldwide. Of these, 69% of visitors were CEO, director or senior managerial level, reflecting the high calibre of industry leaders that are attracted to the event. Participating companies include Shell, Vopak, VTTI, Rubis Terminal, Vesta Terminals, Odfjell Terminals, Oiltanking, Saudi Aramco, Stolthaven Terminals, Baltic Tank and Kinder Morgan.
‘We have already started on our comprehensive year-long marketing campaign for StocExpo Europe 2019,’ Powell explains. ‘The event may be 11 months away, but we have a dedicated team building global industry visitor data, creating industry leading content and devising new concepts to ensure we retain our position as the market leading event for the bulk liquid storage sector worldwide.’
More than 50% of exhibitors from 2018 have already signed up to next year’s show, including the likes of Emerson Automation Solutions, Endress+Hauser, Matrix Applied Technologies, SVT, Kanon Loading Equipment, Geldof, Engie Fabricon, HMT, SafeRack, Protego and Siemens.
‘Over the next year we will work closely with our loyal exhibitors to ensure they maximise their experience at the exhibition,’ Powell explains. ‘Our goal is to ensure our exhibitors meet as many new customers as possible, re-connect with existing customers and raise their profile within the tank storage community.’
Following this year’s show, an independent market research company surveying visitors and exhibitors found that 92% visitors would consider attending again, 93% would recommend the event to others and 94% were satisfied with their experience at the conference & exhibition.
Commenting on the success of the event, one attendee, Earl Crochet, director of engineering at Kinder Morgan said: ‘This is my second time attending StocExpo Europe and I enjoyed it even more than the first. The speakers were exceptional, both in content and delivery and the topics were very relevant to today’s tank storage industry. I look forward to attending again.’
Ethward Manuel, general manager at Bopec, agreed: ‘This is an excellent opportunity to exchange experience and learn about the latest developments in the tank storage industry’.
The three-day conference programme is another big draw for delegates worldwide. In 2018 key speakers included Mark Noordhoek Hegt, global director of digital innovation at Vopak, Sally Martin, vice president of HSSE for downstream operations at Shell and Jaap Koomen, general manager, Burgan Cape Terminals.
The 2019 conference programme will cover topics including digitisation at tank terminals, innovations to improve safety, flexible business models to adapt to current market conditions, enforcing cybersecurity at the terminal and how to improve efficiency & profitability to counteract increasing market competition.
Testimonials from 2018 exhibitors at this year’s StocExpo Europe include:
• Lucas Ribeiro, international sales manager downstream oil & gas, Implico: ‘We have been exhibiting at StocExpo Europe for many years. It is a great place to catch up on the latest developments in the industry and to meet partners and existing & potential customers.’
• ‘We travelled from South Korea to exhibit at StocExpo Europe for the overwhelming amount of companies we can meet within our industry. The atmosphere of the show is so exciting and friendly and we have had a lot of fun’ said Sungoh Im, sales team Dk-Lok corporation.
• Sharé Mason, business development manager, SA Fire Protection, adds: ‘This is an exciting show, with vibrant energy and a great balance of high quality, international visitors’.
• Jason Smith, director at Innospection comments that ‘StocExpo has been really valuable for Innospection this year. The show was well attended by clients from as far afield as North Africa and right across Europe and we’ve experienced a great amount of traffic to our stand. This has resulted in a number of promising discussions with people and has been a great way for us to build on existing relationships with local and international industries partners.’
• Armelle Chavenet, content marketing manager, Bertin Technologies said: ‘This was a very valuable show, the attendance is really targeted and we had nice conversations and numerous business opportunities.’
• Stefanie Lammel, business development manager at M+F Technologies also comments ‘StocExpo Europe was a great exhibition to target high quality leads from the oil industry. M+F Technologies has again been recognised as an indispensable global player in the oil industry’.
StocExpo Europe will be returning to Ahoy, Rotterdam next year from March 26-28, 2019. The next tank storage event, Tank Storage Asia, will take place in, Singapore on September 26 & 27, 2018. For more information please contact Nick Powell; firstname.lastname@example.org