A range of high-level technical professionals from across the tank terminal industry have been announced as judges for the 2018 Global Tank Storage Awards.
The cross section panel of 11 impartial judges from across the industry includes representation from oil majors Shell Trading and BP Oil, as well as respected terminal operators including Vopak, Oiltanking, VTTI, LBC Tank Terminals, Inter Terminals and Koole.
The list of judges for the 2018 event in Rotterdam are:
– James Foster, trading manager at BP Oil International
– Jonathan Silk, technical manager, Oiltanking Odfjell Terminal Oman
– Niels van Bladeren, chief financial officer, LBC Tank Terminals
– Laurent Hatzopoulos, manager, third party storage, Shell Trading
– Margit Blok, global HSE director, VTTI
– Keith Jackson, operations director, InterTerminals
– Oliver Stanelle, general manager central engineering, Oiltanking
– Roel Brouwer, international technical advisor, Vopak
– Corne van de Reijt, global manager, project management, Vopak
– Erik van Ommeren, technical director, Koole Tank Storage & Transport
– Guest judge Will Crawford, director, Concrete Canvas
The 2018 awards also features guest judge Will Crawford, director at Concrete Canvas, who will sit on the panel when judging the ‘Most Innovative Technology Award’.
The event will take place after the first day of StocExpo Europe on March 20 at the Cruise Terminal Rotterdam.
Event organiser Margaret Dunn says: ‘Our first awards ceremony and gala dinner received fantastic feedback from the industry. We wanted to ensure we took on board all the feedback received and use it to make further improvements and make next year’s event even better.
‘One area of feedback was that people wanted more high-level technical experience included on our judging panel, and this year’s line-up certainly reflects that.’
Nominations for the awards categories, which includes a greater focus on the latest technology and innovations in the industry, are now open.
For more information on the judges, award categories and to book your place at next year’s event, visit www.tankstoragemag.com/awards.